ECAHO’s conditions of entry for pure and part bred Arabians can be found here.
In addition, the following Rules & Regulations are specific to ASHC:
- Riders and horses can only compete in one level of the Arabian Sport Horse Championship.
- Riders can only compete once per class.
- Horses can only be ridden once per class.
- The same Horse & Rider combination cannot compete in both the Arabian Sport Horse Championship and the Team Championship; the Rider can compete in both as long as it is with different Horses.
- Rider is dressed in jodhpurs/breeches (white, off white or cream) shirt, correctly fitted helmet, boots with appropriate heel, gloves (white, off white, or same colour as jacket), a tie or stock (optional).
- Jacket required at the Championship Show.
- For safety, hair must be tucked into helmet or jacket while competing. Long hair must be plaited or worn in a hair net.
- Equipment is appropriate and clean.
- Horse is in good physical and body score condition with a healthy, shiny coat.
- Horse is well groomed with oiled hooves.
- Horses should have a neat pulled mane. Any long manes should be braided.
We would like you to specifically note the correct use of tack and equipment, such as:
- Bridles must be black or brown.
- Dressage tests to be ridden in snaffle bridle, no martingales or attachments allowed. Breastplates may be worn, but no attachments added to it.
- Horse boots are not permissible during Dressage tests.
- A tack check will be carried out before you go in for your test.
RULES TO NOTE FOR POINTS SYSTEM:
Arabian Sport Horse Championship Organizing Committee Ruling 2017-D1: Riders that compete (nationally or internationally) at Elementary Level or higher in Dressage will have points deducted as follows:
- 3 Points in Intro
- 2 Points in Prelim
- 1 Point in Novice